Ready to unlock the door to your future? Get started with ProStart today.
Check with your school’s family and consumer sciences department or career and technical education department to find out if your school offers ProStart.
- If ProStart is offered at your school, seek out your school’s ProStart educator and let him or her know of your interest in the program. Take any introductory courses that may be a prerequisite to enrolling in ProStart at your school.
- If ProStart is not offered at your school, encourage your school’s culinary arts educator to contact your state restaurant association and learn how to become a ProStart school
Texas ProStart is a special program for YOU!
- Learn about the art of cooking and managing a restaurant from trained professionals and valuable classroom instruction.
- Earn college credit while you’re in high school.
- Earn scholarships for college through TRAEF, ProStart, and the National Restaurant Association.
- The opportunity to earn the National ProStart Certificate of Achievement (COA)
- Put your skills to work! Compete in the Texas State ProStart Invitational and win the chance to go to the National ProStart competition!
How you can get involved:
Talk with your teacher or counselor. Ask them if they have a Texas ProStart program in place. No program at your school? Seek out your school’s Texas ProStart educator and let him or her know of your interest in the program and encourage your school’s culinary arts educator to contact your state restaurant association and learn how to become a Texas ProStart school. Contact Us
Talk with your teacher about getting employed and get connected with a mentor to help you put your skills to use.
Pass the level 1 and 2 tests, complete a 400 hour work experience, and earn your Certificate of Achievement
If you have questions about Texas ProStart, contact the TRA Education Foundation by email or at 800-395-2872.
ProStart® is a registered trademark of the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation and used under license by National Restaurant Association Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the National Restaurant Association.