Ready to unlock the door to your future? Get started with ProStart today.
Check with your school’s Family and Consumer Sciences Department or Career and Technical Education Department to find out if your school offers ProStart.
- If ProStart is offered at your school, seek out your school’s ProStart educator and let him or her know of your interest in the program. Take any introductory courses that may be a prerequisite to enrolling in ProStart at your school.
- If ProStart is not offered at your school, encourage your school’s culinary arts educator to contact your state restaurant association and learn how to become a ProStart school
Texas ProStart is a special program for YOU!
- Learn about the art of cooking and managing a restaurant from trained professionals and valuable classroom instruction.
- Earn college credit while you’re in high school.
- Earn scholarships for college through the Texas Restaurant Foundation, ProStart, and the National Restaurant Association.
- The opportunity to earn the National ProStart Certificate of Achievement (COA).
- Put your skills to work! Compete in the Texas State ProStart Invitational and win the chance to go to the National ProStart competition!
Regional Scholarship Opportunities
Various chapters and metro offices of the TRA offer scholarships to support the development of our future industry leaders.
If you have any questions, contact Susan Petty, Texas ProStart Coordinator, at [email protected]
National Restaurant Association Scholarships
Individuals pursuing a post-secondary degree in the restaurant, foodservice, and hospitality industry can now apply for more than $1 million in scholarships from the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF).
NRAEF scholarships help reduce the financial burden of post-secondary education and support the industry’s future leaders. Awards range from $2,500 to $10,000 and can be used toward tuition and fees, books, room and board, as well as other school-related expenses.
The scholarships have no age restrictions and anyone pursuing higher education in a restaurant, foodservice and/or hospitality related field is encouraged to apply through March 15, 2023, by visiting ChooseRestaurants.org/Scholarships.
Use this tool kit to promote scholarships through your own promotional content.
If you have questions about Texas ProStart, contact the Texas Restaurant Foundation by email or at 512-457-4100.
ProStart® is a registered trademark of the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation and used under license by National Restaurant Association Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the National Restaurant Association.