As outlined by the TRAEF and its board of directors, Texas has specific requirements for program fulfillment. All schools must meet the following requirements to be considered a ProStart/FS Prep program:
- Facilities. Commercial Grade Facility
- Training. Instructors must have professional industry knowledge and/or acquire knowledge through short courses offered by the TRA Education Foundation
- Support. Support of your Administration
- Involvement. Community Involvement
- Texas ProStart Curriculum. Must order FS Prep Instructors resource kit and FS Prep teacher resources that accompany Texas ProStart program
If requirements 1 - 4 have not been met to date, TRAEF will be available to assist school districts in making this transition once school is on board with the FS Prep/ProStart program.