ProStart Program Requirements
As outlined by the TRAEF and its board of directors, Texas has specific requirements for program fulfillment. All schools must meet the following requirements to be considered a ProStart/FS Prep program:
- Facilities. Commercial Grade Facility (please see Making the Transition guide on www.texasprostart.com for tips on commercializing your traditional kitchen).
- Training. Instructors must have professional industry knowledge and/or plan to acquire knowledge through short courses/conferences offered by the TRA Education Foundation.
- Support. Support of your administration.
- Involvement. Community Involvement.
- Texas ProStart Curriculum. Must order FS Prep Instructors resource kit and FS Prep teacher resources
that accompany FS Prep program.
If requirements 1 ‐ 4 have not been met to date, TRAEF will be available to assist school districts in making this transition when the school is on board with the FS Prep/Texas ProStart program. We realize this transition may take some time.