Making the Transition
The Texas Restaurant Foundation (TRF) has identified over 1,000 Texas schools that teach some form of culinary skills, many of which still need guidance in enhancing current programs or transitioning from more traditional studies to industry based education.
The TRF spends a substantial amount of time, effort and resources to promote the adoption of industry based programs in secondary education to assure students leave with skills, knowledge and understanding to meet industry standards.
The Making the Transition Guide seeks to introduce industry related programs by:
- Enhancing current Nutrition & Food Science, Technology programs
- Adding a Culinary Arts component to a high school program
- Transitioning exclusively to a Culinary Arts program
Whatever stage your culinary program is in, the FREE Making the Transition Guide will assist you in providing the best resources and education to your students.
The Making the Transition Guide includes:
- Criteria for identifying where in the continuum of foodservice academic programs a school falls
- Recommended curriculum enhancements to assist schools reach the next level
- Information on facility enhancements including site design, budget, and more.
- Extensive equipment list categorized by priority.