This annual conference is held each summer and is designed to provide culinary arts instructors with the skills and knowledge to reach the highest levels of culinary standards in their classrooms. Attendees experience hands on lab time with industry experts, learn the latest in culinary trends and network with their peers and industry professionals.
The 16th Annual Texas ProStart Culinary Educators Training Conference (CETC) is Saturday, June 22 - 23, 2019 at St. Philip's College in San Antonio, Texas.
The Culinary Educators Training Conference (CETC) is a 2-day intensive culinary arts training for high school teachers featuring skilled industry experts. CETC is designed for educators who want to increase their knowledge, improve their skills, and network with peers. CETC is produced by the Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation and the Texas Beef Council and hosted by St. Philip's and CIA.
CETC is scheduled for June 22-23, 2019 at St. Philip's College in San Antonio. New this year, a Back to Basics workshop will be offered in conjunction with the general conference. Back to Basics will take place on June 20-21, 2019 at St. Philip’s College in San Antonio.
- Back to Basics (June 20-21, 2019)- $130 (limited to 50 attendees)
- CETC General Conference (limited to 100 attendees) (June 22-23, 2019) - $425 for Texas ProStart Educators
- CETC General Conference (June 22-23, 2019) - $475 for Non-ProStart Educators
Participants attending Back to Basics Bootcamp, must also register for the general conference.
CETC REGISTRATION. Registration for CETC is currently open to culinary educators for the 2019 CETC. We are continuing use of the registration system we used last year. Please note: This system has required fields and you will not be able to complete registration without entering data in those fields. In addition, the new system only takes credit card payments. Purchase Orders cannot be uploaded or referenced under the new system. If you are registering yourself, please be prepared to pay with a credit card. If your administrators are registering you, please alert them to have a credit card ready and all required information when they are registering you. Credit card payments will automatically secure your spot at the conference. Please use your school email address then registering so our system will recognize you.
The conference sells out every year with an extensive wait list. Registration is first come first serve.
TO REGISTER FOR CETC:
- Click here to access our registration website.
- Please note: CETC sells out EVERY year – Registration for the conference is on a first come, first served basis. At the time 100 registrants are confirmed, the system will begin adding attendees to a waiting list.
- PAYMENT IS EXPECTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. REGISTRATION IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL PAYMENT IS FINALIZED.
- CREDIT CARDS ONLY – PAYMENT WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED WITH CREDIT CARDS (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover). NO P.O.’S WILL BE ACCEPTED THIS YEAR. IF YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT PAY WITH A PERSONAL OR DISTRICT CARD, PLEASE CONTACT email@example.com
- Once your registration and payment are complete, you will receive an automated confirmation email with additional conference details and the hotel booking links.
If you must pay via PO: If you’re school district will only allow you to submit a purchase order, please begin the process of submitting your PO to TRAEF as early as today (even though online registration has not opened). Follow these steps carefully:
- Email all PO’s to Thomas Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: Vicki Sherrill at email@example.com
- Make sure your PO references “Culinary Educators Training Conference” somewhere on the page\
- Please use your school email address when registering so our system will recognize you as a Texas Prostart program.
- When registering through the online system, submit your registration information until you arrive at the page where you pay via credit card. When you arrive at the payment page, close out and the system will capture your registration information making it easier for accounting to apply the purchase order to this registration.
- Please note: if paying by purchase order, your spot will NOT be secured until we receive the PO and you have registered yourself in the system. If the conference sells out before we receive your PO you will be placed on a waitlist.
**Cancellations: No refunds for cancellations 30 days prior to event.*
Home2 Suites by Hilton
603 Navarro St. / San Antonio, TX 78205
Ph: (210) 354-4366 / Fax: (210) 354-4252
Home2 Suites Downtown: Booking Link - click here
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
409 E. Houston St. / San Antonio, TX 78205
Ph: (210) 271-3444 / Fax: (210) 271-3754
Booking link - click here
• Each attendee must make their own reservations by calling the numbers listed above or by using the online reservation link above.
• For reservations made by phone, identify the Group Room Block Name - TRA. The group will also be searchable under Texas Restaurant Association.
• The booking cut-off date is May 20, 2019.
Hotel Logistics Details:
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 pm
Parking: Valet: $31.00 (per night +tax)
We look forward to seeing you at CETC this summer!
Download CETC Details and Basic Agenda here: 2019 CETC General Information
To learn more about the conference view past agendas.